POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Daily life in Gancaloon: At the Jackal (wip 5) : Re: Daily life in Gancaloon: At the Jackal (wip 5 corrected) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Daily life in Gancaloon: At the Jackal (wip 5 corrected)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Dec 2011 03:44:23
Message: <4ef04ae7$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks Ive, I really appreciate your comments.

Personally, I am not too concerned about these issues and, to be frank,
I do not see the floor as a problem at all :-) This image is an
illustration, nothing more, and I do not pretend nor want to reach,
photorealism or anything else, certainly not perfection. That last would
seriously hamper my creativity and productivity. While I agree that
there needs to be some consistency within the image (like the blatant
image maps for arch and street of which I had been aware but pushed away
for later) I sincerely believe that other and more subtle types of
discrepancies like the tiled floor fall within the "artist's liberty" of
interpretation ;-) and the more so as they will all but disappear with
the introduction of the figures inside (which will generate other types
of problems unfortunately.

I often look at those illustrations accompanying the books of Jules
Verne. There are numerous inconsistencies to be traced, but who cares?
They fall within the limits (or my limits at least) and can be enjoyed
fully nevertheless.

Still, your comments are important to determine where I draw those limits.

Thomas