POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reading in code line by line? : Reading in code line by line? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Reading in code line by line?
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 17 Dec 2011 02:38:39
Message: <4eec46ff@news.povray.org>
High!

As I announced recently, I would like to add a code display feature to
my includes presentation table (see attachment). So I would like to know
whether it is possible to read ASCII text line by line via #read... the
manual says data to be read in have to be separated by commas. The other
way would be to explicitly store the whole text "manually" into an array
whose contents then are rendered in the display section of the table's
glass lid... but this appears rather clumsy to me!

And, concerning the rendering of the test version - why is the red
transparent text not completely cast as shadow?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '2011-12-17 includes showroom 1, take 92 - display table.jpg' (74 KB)

Preview of image '2011-12-17 includes showroom 1, take 92 - display table.jpg'
2011-12-17 includes showroom 1, take 92 - display table.jpg