POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If infomercials were true... : Re: If infomercials were true... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: If infomercials were true...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 16 Dec 2011 15:53:02
Message: <4eebafae$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/16/2011 7:38 AM, Warp wrote:
> Francois Labreque<fla### [at] videotronca>  wrote:
>> Quite the contrary.  I think stupidity is spread pretty much uniformly
>> across the Globe.  It just shows up differently in different areas.
>
>    Culture and education tend to either diminish or aggravate it, though.

Depends on what you define as culture, and education. In one sense, the
later can subsume some crazy, and bring more "rational sounding" things
to the surface. However, to have those things surface, in trade for the
truly crazy shit, there has to be a culture that promotes the idea that
they exist.

It also requires that the people thinking those things, at some point,
decide they have had enough education, or that some part of it is
inconvenient for them, and thus, stop trying to figure out if it makes
sense, or just sounds slightly more plausible.