POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Daily life in Gancaloon: At the Jackal (wip 5) : Re: Daily life in Gancaloon: At the Jackal (wip 5 corrected) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Daily life in Gancaloon: At the Jackal (wip 5 corrected)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Dec 2011 03:12:41
Message: <4ee708f9@news.povray.org>
On 12-12-2011 22:43, Ive wrote:
> Am 12.12.2011 14:11, schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> Especially given that this render uses poor AA.

Why? Not that poor, though.

> And for the reflection, hmm, I might be mistaken, but I would expect it
> to look different, especially where I think the sky or one of the
> opposite white walls from the houses are reflected. My starting point
> for ceramic floor tiles would be something like reflection {0 0.8
> fresnel on metallic 0.1} (ideally it would be {0 1 fresnel on ... the
> 0.8 is only to assume a layer of dust/dirt).

0.8?! I use 0.05 as otherwise the tiles are much too reflective for my
taste. 0.8 gives the tiles a mirror aspect which I certainly do not
want. See image with 0.8 instead of 0.05.
I might increase that value a bit though.... ;-)

> The stone texture itself does now fit nicely, but I liked it better
> without the plaster as this broken plaster element is already widely
> used within the scene.

I agree. See image.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message