POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Daily life in Gancaloon: At the Jackal (wip 5) : Re: Daily life in Gancaloon: At the Jackal (wip 5 corrected) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Daily life in Gancaloon: At the Jackal (wip 5 corrected)
From: Ive
Date: 12 Dec 2011 16:45:01
Message: <4ee675dd@news.povray.org>
Am 12.12.2011 14:11, schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> I believe I have improved a number of things.

Especially given that this render uses poor AA.

And for the reflection, hmm, I might be mistaken, but I would expect it
to look different, especially where I think the sky or one of the
opposite white walls from the houses are reflected. My starting point
for ceramic floor tiles would be something like reflection {0 0.8
fresnel on metallic 0.1} (ideally it would be {0 1 fresnel on ... the
0.8 is only to assume a layer of dust/dirt).

> 2) I processed the stone image map in the Gimp, and added a second layer
> in POV.

The stone texture itself does now fit nicely, but I liked it better
without the plaster as this broken plaster element is already widely
used within the scene.

> ToDo: a better street surface.

;)

-Ive