POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Slime : Re: Slime Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slime
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Dec 2011 16:34:31
Message: <4ee3d067@news.povray.org>
On 12/7/2011 4:36, Invisible wrote:
> http://discovermagazine.com/2009/jan/071

I read way back when transistors were something you bought one at a time
about various smart devices built on just a small number of transistors. For
example, there were little carts that would go and seek out bright spaces
near other carts with a light on top until their batteries started to run
down, at which point they'd go find a dark spot to recharge. That one was,
IIRC, like three transistors worth of logic. So yeah, surprisingly
complicated behavior can arise out of very simple logic. (Or more
appropriately we only think it's surprisingly complicated.)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)