POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Includes Showroom : Re: Includes Showroom Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Includes Showroom
From: clipka
Date: 10 Dec 2011 02:10:27
Message: <4ee305e3$1@news.povray.org>

> High!
>
> On 09.12.2011 19:09, Alain wrote:
>
>> You can also use radiosity here. Replace your tubes with emissive tubes,
>> use importance.
>
> The tubes are in fact emissive media tubes!

Why's that?
Using emissive finish should do the job just as well, and is likely to
be faster.

>> radiosity{samples 20000 [other radiosity items] }
>>
>> default{radiosity{importance 75/20000}}
>> Most things will get only about 75 radiosity samples...
>>
>> The neon tubes have:
>> radiosity{importance 1}
>
> I haven't yet worked into the new radiosity features of 3.7...

I personally wouldn't recommend it by the way. I don't think
radiosity-only illumination will give you any speedup here, you'll risk
splotches, and you'll be unable to get any good highlights unless you
use blurred reflections (which will slow down rendering again).