POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Taboo foods : Re: Taboo foods Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Taboo foods
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Dec 2011 21:07:46
Message: <4edeca72$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/6/2011 16:59, clipka wrote:
> Am 07.12.2011 00:46, schrieb Darren New:
>> On 12/6/2011 14:31, Warp wrote:
>>> What's wrong with horse meat? ... Both are farm animals,
>>
>> Well, pigs and turkeys aren't what you'd call "working animals". You
>> don't train them or really interact with them on a personal basis. You
>> don't trust them in any sense.
>
> Horse is actually quite tasty.

I wasn't addressing that. I was simply speculating on why horses are treated
more like cats and dogs than pigs and turkeys in some cultures. Perhaps in
cultures where "cowboys" were common and traveling long distances with
little company but your horse was common, they became closer to companions
than farm beasts.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)