POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A plot idea : Re: A plot idea Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A plot idea
From: Warp
Date: 6 Dec 2011 06:07:12
Message: <4eddf75f@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> What surprises me is the sheer multitude of films who's premise is "you
> decide to replace Santa, and then it all goes horribly wrong, and now
> you have to save Christmas". I mean, because *nobody* has done that one
> already...

  You decide to replace Santa? I can't think of any movie like that. Care
to give an example?

  There are, of course, plenty of movies where someone is chosen to be
the "new Santa" (because, in the universe of these movies, Santas have a
limited lifespan, and a new one needs to take his place when the old one
becomes too old), and it usually happens (at first) against their will.

  If you want to see a different Santa movie, try "Rare Exports: A Christmas
Tale" (the full-feature movie; although the short movie it's loosely based
on is ok too.)

--
                                                          - Warp