POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Texture Baking Test : Re: Texture Baking Test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture Baking Test
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 5 Dec 2011 20:46:44
Message: <4edd7404@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 05.12.2011 00:25, stbenge wrote:

> Sorry to hear that. I too suffer from a mental disorder, though for me
> it's an emotional imbalance that makes regular work and extended periods
> of social activity impossible.

Similar with me... with a strong depressive (not major depression) and
OCD component during the last years, probably arising from the my
increasing realization of the wide gap between my ambitions (also when
it comes to raytracing!) and my real abilities, thus reducing my
abilities furthermore.

> If I had to pick a singular lucrative
> occupation, it would be mining minerals in small claims. Nobody out
> there to bug me, no deadlines (except those I would impose upon myself)
> to make me go crazy :)

Currently, I feel not able to work at all... at 42 (and almost 280 lbs),
it feels like sitting in my wohnklo (a German slang word for a small
apartment) and waiting for death, with nothing to expect from life
anymore... I realize that with this condition (and being out of the
world of labour so long, and even that was only a part-time job back
then) I'll never anymore will have the chance of earning a living on my
own (unless I break a lotto jackpot)! Bye-bye, cycling to Afghanistan,
bye-bye musical career as a synthesizer whizkid (the Larry Fast/Vangelis
of the 21st century or so... I would have had to start it seriously at
least 20 years ago!), bye-bye, PoVEarth, PoVSolar, Khyberspace and
Ilthanalg, not to mention my long-cherished pipe dream of a
feature-length animation of Robert L. Forward's hard sci-fi novel
"Dragon's Egg" (o.k., this is MUCH too much for a single human being!)...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Book Of Brilliant Things, live 1987 (Simple Minds)