POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Deblurring : Re: Deblurring Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Deblurring
From: Invisible
Date: 5 Dec 2011 11:51:04
Message: <4edcf678@news.povray.org>
On 02/12/2011 04:17 PM, Invisible wrote:
>> http://optics.nuigalway.ie/people/chris/chrispapers/Paper046.pdf
>
> Oh... Well that was easy. The whole thing is only 3 pages, and written
> in language that a DSP novice can understand. (Although some of the
> notation still baffles me.)

So today I sat down and implemented the algorithm. I was unsurprised but
rather disappointed to discover that IT DOESN'T WORK.

I tried it on an artificially simplified 1D example. Invented a fake
signal, convolved it with a simple filter kernel, and then let the
algorithm try to recover the original signal. The end result bore
absolutely no resemblance to the original.

It's possible that 44 samples just isn't enough for a reasonably unique
solution to exist. More likely I've implemented the DFT wrong or
something...