POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Deblurring : Re: Deblurring Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Deblurring
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Dec 2011 09:12:51
Message: <4ed8dce3@news.povray.org>
On 02/12/2011 02:01 PM, Warp wrote:
> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> The software is gratis but non-libre. To say it is the most cryptic,
>> kludgey and unreliable crock of junk would be generous. Very generous.
>> Basically, we're looking at a scientific image analysis expert who
>> learned to write C so that he could do image processing.
>
>    It's unfortunate that experts in math and experts in programming seldom
> happen to be the same person.

Yeah. Although, the first thing that sprang to mind was Knuth, TBH.

Then again, I'm sure there are plenty of people who produce web pages
with beautiful design and horrid code, or vice versa, because graphic
design and web coding are different skills. You could probably find lots
of similar examples elsewhere too...