POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Deblurring : Re: Deblurring [500 iterations] Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Deblurring [500 iterations]
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Dec 2011 05:41:26
Message: <4ed8ab56@news.povray.org>
On 02/12/2011 10:35 AM, Invisible wrote:

> Here it is again after 100 iterations.

Here we are again, after 500 iterations. That's almost exactly 12 hours
of computer time, on [one core of] an Intel Core2 Duo 2.2 GHz running in
32-bit mode.

12 hours, to generate... this??

In fairness, the motion blur seems to be gone. It's just that the crazy
zigzag lines are far worse than what we started with. Note also how
every image /is/ an improvement on the one before. So it looks like if I
leave this running for, say, a month... I might actually get back a
usable deblurred image.

Caveat #1: I may have configured the software wrong. It's so poorly
documented, I have no clue what I'm doing here. This is the only
combination of settings I've found which doesn't produce a black image.

Caveat #2: The Photoshop thing is probably using the GPU to accelerate
the **** out of this stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if taking 2D DFTs is
vastly faster on a GPU than on a CPU.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: