POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Graphic design : Re: Graphic design Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Graphic design
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Dec 2011 04:01:11
Message: <4ed893d7@news.povray.org>
On 02/12/2011 01:11 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 20:50:28 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>
>> Actually, I've been thinking about getting some photos of me done at
>> some point... The main reason I haven't is that I probably can't afford
>> it.
>
> Oh FFS, Andy....
>
> http://www.portraitplace.co.uk/promotions
>
> Took me about 5 seconds to find that with Google Maps, and it's local to
> *you*.  I'm halfway around the frikin' world and I found a place there
> that will do portraits for a portrait sitting that costs<  US$10 and
> includes a 12x10 print.
>
> Photos are *not* expensive.

Interesting. Last time my parents had me and my sister photographed and
framed, it ended up costing several hundred pounds. Obviously, I do not
have that kind of money just laying around.

(I did try using Google to find the place where we had it done, but it
doesn't seem to exist any more... Some shop called Olan Mills. Wikipedia
says something about the UK group being liquidated...)