POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Graphic design : Re: Graphic design Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Graphic design
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Dec 2011 20:15:09
Message: <4ed8269d$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/1/2011 2:02, Invisible wrote:
> And you're saying stuff like that actually exists in the real world, and
> some of it is actually good quality?

I've seen multiple news reports of people being PO'ed because their "free"
photography wound up advertising something on the side of a bus. Perfectly
legal, the way they had released it.

So, yeah.

>>> I can't figure out how it's even possible in theory.
>>
>> I had to google around for about 15 minutes before I found an actual
>> explanation, rather than someone just saying "use the photoshop filter".
>
> Because, of course, everybody can afford Photoshop(r)... Oh, wait...

Well, because everyone who professionally manipulates photos for video games
can afford photoshop or some similar package.

> I still don't see how you can "fix" the seems. It's not like you can move
> individual blades of grass around.

Sure. Clone brush.

> I mean most of the pictures I looked at have fairly obvious rough edges
> where the seems don't line up.

It needs to be something that's homogenous. You'll have trouble making a
repeating image of people or buildings or something. Grass? Bricks? Sure.

> Somebody somewhere must actually /teach/ graphic design skills...

Yeah. It's called "college". :-)

> Then again, I spent 6 months at drawing classes, and I still can't draw. So
> maybe it's just that only a tiny fraction of the population will ever be
> good at graphic design?

Or maybe the people trying to teach you to draw were better artists than
teachers?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)