POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dubstep dancing : Re: Dubstep dancing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dubstep dancing
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 1 Dec 2011 15:37:49
Message: <4ed7e59d$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Makes me wish I had spent the 10 years it would take to learn to do
>>> this, just so I could walk sideways through the office doing this.
>>
>> I don't know, man... My dance partner is 53, and she does a one hour
>> rock & roll dance class once a week. I don't know if you know this, but
>> rock & roll is pretty damned energetic dance style. ;-)
>>
>> (Plus we often go out together on Saturday night and dance rock & roll
>> from 8pm until gone midnight. Plus she also does 1 hour of Ballroom &
>> Latin per week, 1 hour of line dance, and she goes rock climbing twice a
>> week... I keep trying to tell people she's frigging *hardcore*, but they
>> all seem to think I'm just being enthusiastic or something...)
>
> Classes:
> 1 hour rock & roll
> 1 hour ballroom dance
> 1 hour latin dance
> 1 hour line dance
>
> PLUS rock climbing 2x a week
> PLUS over 4 hours of dance with you.

Not quite. Ballroom & Latin is one glass.

Monday: Line dancing.
Tuesday: Rock climbing.
Wednesday: Rock & Roll.
Thursday: Rock climbing again.
Friday: Ballroom & Latin.
Saturday: More rock & roll, sometimes.

Even so, pretty impressive.

> Does she also run the Ironman?

No. But she *is* a qualified rescue diver, has a current pilot's
license, and has done sky diving and wing walking...

> Anyway, when she'll be over 80, many in their 20's will be hard pressed
> to follow her :)

I can't follow her *now*! She dances rings around me, despite being over
twice my age... It makes me kinda sad.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/