POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Graphic design : Re: Graphic design Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Graphic design
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 1 Dec 2011 14:18:43
Message: <4ed7d313@news.povray.org>
On 12/1/2011 8:06 AM, Invisible wrote:
> Interesting. As I expected, it doesn't actually produce a very
> convincing effect; it merely wraps the image, and then does some
> cross-fading. The result is a very visible transition. (Still, at least
> they made it circular, eh?)

Then fix up the seams manually, it's not that difficult.  I've attached
an example that I whipped up GIMP to illustrate that it is totally
possible (and not very hard) to do this sort of thing.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pentland-pebbles_tileable.png' (469 KB)

Preview of image 'pentland-pebbles_tileable.png'
pentland-pebbles_tileable.png