POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Graphic design : Re: Graphic design Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Graphic design
From: nemesis
Date: 1 Dec 2011 13:02:03
Message: <4ed7c11b@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
>>> Interesting. As I expected, it doesn't actually produce a very
>>> convincing effect; it merely wraps the image, and then does some
>>> cross-fading. The result is a very visible transition. (Still, at
>>> least they made it circular, eh?)
>>
>> it's a smooth transition that is barely noticeable in the large scheme
>> of things. Once it's mapped on a 3D floor, you simply don't notice the
>> faded edges on the tiled floor.
>
> Maybe. But I'm talking about a 2D website background. It's pretty
> noticeable when half a pebble cross-fades into a different pebble.

true enough.  In that case, automatic seamless filters won't cut.  In
that case, you should select through between borders, cut away
everything else (ctrl+i for inverse select + ctrl+x), and manually clone
the layer and position precisely (with ctrl hold down) the center (a
small cross) of the cloned layers in each of the cardinal positions
(including nw or se) around the image.  Since you manually selected
interesting borders through the pebbles, it'll look natural as they are
one on top of the other.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9