POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Graphic design : Re: Graphic design Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Graphic design
From: nemesis
Date: 1 Dec 2011 10:23:21
Message: <4ed79be9$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> I've used the Gimp. Everybody claims it's this insanely powerful
> product. Personally, I can't get it to do anything vaguely useful... If
> there /are/ powerful features in there, they are very well hidden.

1. open gimp
2. search on google images for "pebbles"
3. choose some interesting result, such as this
http://www.stonetohome.com/media/gbu0/prodlg/Pentland%20Pebbles.jpg
4. copy the image
5. ctrl+v in Gimp
6. Filters -> Map -> Make Seamless
http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-make-seamless.html
7. Filters -> Map -> Tile, choosing Unit % and a value such as 200 or
400 http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-tile.html

is this more challenging than writing a Haskell monad?