POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Graphic design : Re: Graphic design Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Graphic design
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 1 Dec 2011 10:10:25
Message: <4ed798e1$1@news.povray.org>
Le 01/12/2011 13:22, clipka a écrit :
>> Last time I checked, there's no
>> way of making a canvas texture or a wet paper texture or a spilled paint
>> texture or...

Have you look at the tablecloth of the demo picture (the own with some
biscuits and some coffee cup) ? That's quite a canvas texture for me.

> Make that "last time I checked, no-one had yet found a way of...",

Right. so many possibilities!

If you were to look in the doc, there is no brushed metal pattern... and
yet some images have it... There is more in texture that just pigment:
normal and finish might play a lot too. And you can layer the
pigments... and then you have the warp which might also make interesting
variations (in addition to the pattern specific setting: wood is boring
and regular until you start playing with pattern modifiers (turbulence
and such).

It is not just about posing lights.

If the wet paper texture is applied on a flat surface, the look might be
fine for some angles of view, and not so good (for realism) on some
other (such as the borders are too straight).