POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : new iridescence : Re: new iridescence Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new iridescence
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 1 Dec 2011 08:37:41
Message: <4ed78325$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/30/2011 10:19 PM, clipka wrote:
> Some soap bubbles, rendered with a complete re-design of the iridescence
> feature.

Outstanding ... I'll keep an eye on revision control. I'm anxious to get
it a test drive. Since, it would seem, that my sea shell attempt at
using iridescence is what inspired you to dig into this, I have a
question about the aoi pattern that was mentioned as an alternative ...
you wouldn't expect it (aoi) to respond to other pattern modifiers
correct, as it doesn't appear to. However when I read the doc passage,
"It gives a value proportional to the angle between the ray and the
surface" it makes me think that's correct behavior. If this is true
enough, perhaps I should make a slight addition to that passage to clarify.

Jim