POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Graphic design : Re: Graphic design Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:33:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Graphic design
From: clipka
Date: 1 Dec 2011 07:22:13
Message: <4ed77175$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.12.2011 11:02, schrieb Invisible:

> I still don't see how you can "fix" the seems. It's not like you can
> move individual blades of grass around.

For /really/ good seamless textures, that's exactly what you do.

You haven't spent much time with Photoshop or Gimp, have you?

> POV-Ray makes nice stone textures (unless you're a geologist) and wood
> textures (unless you're a dendrologist). Last time I checked, there's no
> way of making a canvas texture or a wet paper texture or a spilled paint
> texture or...

Make that "last time I checked, no-one had yet found a way of...",
because unless you've checked every possible combination of parameters,
layered textures, averaged textures, and what-have-you, there are still
ways undiscovered that might lead to the desired result.