POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Graphic design : Re: Graphic design Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Graphic design
From: clipka
Date: 30 Nov 2011 11:44:37
Message: <4ed65d75$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.11.2011 15:50, schrieb Invisible:

>>> Sure. But it's damned expensive. Would you really do that just to enter
>>> a little competition for fun?
>>
>> It's not like you trained week after week after week to enter a dance
>> competition, right? I mean, who would do that for fun? ;)
>
> I spent a whole year learning diabolo. Hint: doing that doesn't cost any
> money. I would think there can't be too many people who can just afford
> to blow $8,000 on buying some images just to enter a competition.

Where the bloop do you get those figures from?

Sure, if you buy the *exclusive* rights to some professional photography
I guess you may end up with such numbers. Hint: Don't do that;
Non-exclusive licenses to use an image with limited resolution will do,
and will leave you with a price tag close to what I guess your diabolo
might have costed.

>> Yet, strangley enough, most people who make a living out of it are
>> rather good at it. It's almost as if there was some sort of relationship
>> between the two!
>
> Well /obviously/ people can make money out of it, given that very few
> people are good at it. That's not really relevant to my point - a
> typical person wanting to put a website [or other publication] together
> can't access beautiful calligraphy. :-P

Want to make a bet?