POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Graphic design : Re: Graphic design Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Graphic design
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 30 Nov 2011 09:11:17
Message: <4ed63985$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2011-11-29 15:39, Orchid XP v8 a écrit :
> On 29/11/2011 05:05 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> On 11/29/2011 7:46, Invisible wrote:
>>> - Many designs have photographs of cinematic locations, exotic flora and
>>> fauna, historic artefacts or beautiful female models. Normal people
>>> cannot
>>> obtain such things.
>>
>> Google for creative commons images, or stock photography. Pay someone to
>> take a specific photo if you want. Some people do this for a living.
>
> Sure. But it's damned expensive. Would you really do that just to enter
> a little competition for fun?

It's not like you trained week after week after week to enter a dance
competition, right?  I mean, who would do that for fun?  ;)

Alternately, you can browser image hosting sites and look for images
which have licencing terms that meet your needs.  Or browse through your
"My Pictures" folder.  Most people will have something interesting in there.

>>> - Lots of designs have astonishingly elaborate calligraphy. Again, not
>>> something that normal humans can do.
>>
>> It takes a lot of practice.
>
> Indeed. It's a skill few people have.

Yet, strangley enough, most people who make a living out of it are
rather good at it.  It's almost as if there was some sort of
relationship between the two!