POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hire car : Re: Hire car Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hire car
From: Joel Yliluoma
Date: 30 Nov 2011 08:18:45
Message: <4ed62d35$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:51:23 +0000, Invisible wrote:
> Generally the only people who drive around in daylight with their
> headlights on are people with expensive cars who turn their lights on to
> let you know that they're important and you should get out of their way.
> In other words, arrogant morons with lots of money. Obviously, nobody
> wants to be mistaken for those guys...

Sometimes I flash my lights at people who drive with lights _out_ at
daytime, especially when it is no longer the brightest part of day (or year).

I find it easier to see cars, and especially the fact whether they're parked
or not (if not otherwise moving or if they're so far that it's not easy to
tell) when they have lights on. In Finland, most people drive with lights,
so the brain is wired to interpret a car with lights on as a normal car
that participates in traffic and a car with lights out as a car that does
not belong in traffic. An exception to that makes for an inconvenience.

--
Joel Yliluoma - http://iki.fi/bisqwit/