POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pointed humour : Re: Pointed humour Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pointed humour
From: Stephen
Date: 30 Nov 2011 06:22:18
Message: <4ed611ea$1@news.povray.org>
On 30/11/2011 4:12 AM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> On 11/29/2011 10:48 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 29/11/2011 5:08 PM, Darren New wrote:
>>> Machine guns are indeed highly regulated here.
>>
>> That sentence speaks volumes. ;-)
>>
> No, the fact that it can't be "auto", but can be "semi-auto"...

Not much of an improvement as you point out.

> Highly regulated doesn't mean shit...

> Gun laws in the US are a damn mess, with so many loopholes...

 From an outsider’s point of view, it is not the law that needs to be
changed but attitudes. Earlier in the year I was working in Hobbs NM,
just a few miles from the Texas border. During a meal I did a straw poll
and only one of our six American colleagues did not own a firearm. Most
had more than one. The most shocking case was the Training Manager (a
hog riding, pistol packing mamma). She was five foot two with her hands
in the air and had an arsenal at home that could supply a small army. I
was just lost for words.

--
Regards
     Stephen