POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pointed humour : Re: Pointed humour Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:29:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pointed humour
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 29 Nov 2011 23:31:33
Message: <4ed5b1a5$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/29/2011 8:00 AM, Warp wrote:
> Darren New<dne### [at] sanrrcom>  wrote:
>> On 11/28/2011 9:49, Warp wrote:
>>>     Personally, I don't really understand why the US police force is doing
>>> this. They don't have to.
>
>> I'm guessing it's a general disdain for the protesters.
>
>> I'm also thinking this is *much* more common since our high-up politicians
>> started blatently ignoring the laws more and more. When the President says
>> "Hey, torture is legal, because you can't touch me", then the cops tend to
>> do the same thing. And then the shoppers see nothing wrong with it.
>
>    I think your president should make a public statement strongly condemning
> police brutality and expressing it clearly like "police brutality must stop
> now", and that investigations on the incidents will be performed. I think
> he would win quite some supporters for the next election like that.
>
>    OTOH, I understand that Obama is not very known for standing firmly and
> strongly behind his principles, and instead trying to make compromises and
> try to make everybody happy, making him seem so weak, which is why he has
> lost so much citizen support.

Having recently played Arkham Asylum (just need to defeat joker), I had
this thought on the nature of our current run up to the election:

Reporter: We are here today to talk to the candidates of the Godthem (As
apposed to Gotham), Republican Comity to the Election of Lunatics about
there feelings towards Two-Face (Obama), who won the last election. Lets
start with you Joker.

Joker (McCain): Well now, at first, when I lost to him I thought, ah
well, the games going to be fun anyway. Only, after a while it became
obvious things where just not going well. I mean, one day he is plotting
with me, the next he is telling the guards where I stashed the exploding
whoopee cushions. Its like he is flipping a coin or something!

Reporter: How about you Harley?

Harlequin (Palin): Is my pudding still unhappy with me? I think he is
still made at me. I thought he would be happy that I was trying to win
instead this time, but them I thought maybe that would make him mad too,
but then I thought, you know, maybe it would be good if I did win...

Reporter: Right, lets get back to you later.

Harley: You Betcha.

Reporter: Mr. E.

Riddler (Herman Cain): That's Mr. Nine. They're nines.

Reporter: What are nines?

Riddler: The things on my suit. I keep telling people 999, but no one
listens. They are nines.

Reporter: Ok, so.. what is your opinion of Two-Face.

Riddler: I will answer your question if you answer mine, "What takes a
blue pill when hanging out with you in the morning, has three legs in
the day, and two legs and a stub at night?"

Reporter: I think that is seriously inappropriate, not to mention
backwards, its the baby who would have the stub, and the old man that
needs a blue pill. Lets stay on topic, OK.

Riddler: Backwards, backwards! I am never backwards! I am Mr. Nine. And
I don't get what you think is so inappropriate about my riddle.

Reporter: Moving on...

--

I haven't decided if Bachman should be a warped Poison Ivy, who hates
the environment instead, or some twisted version of Catwoman, never mind