POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pointed humour : Re: Pointed humour Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pointed humour
From: Warp
Date: 28 Nov 2011 08:35:36
Message: <4ed38e28@news.povray.org>
Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4

> Kinda ties neatly into the earlier thread about police abuse in the US.

  I find it curious that many human rights movements and other such people
consider things like pepper spray and tasers to be a form of torture that
can cause physical damage (eg. pepper spray can cause damage to the eyes
and mucous membranes) and even death (there are several cases of people
dying when tased), which goes blatantly against all international human
rights agreements, yet they are commonly used by the police all over the
world with impunity.

  I have to agree: Why is it not ok to torture a prisoner with physical
or even just mental pain, but it's completely ok to physically torture
protesters who are not a danger to anybody?

--
                                                          - Warp