POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First attempts at blurred reflection... : First attempts at blurred reflection... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  First attempts at blurred reflection...
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 27 Nov 2011 20:05:24
Message: <4ed2de54@news.povray.org>
High!

As I want to have floor tiles with slightly disturbed reflection in my
Port Whatmough villa, I started to play around with the blurred
reflection hack described here:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Knowledgebase:Language_Questions_and_Tips#Topic_13

Slightly disturbed reflection works quite well (see my test table
below), but I wonder how to achieve that strong, smooth blur I've seen
in so many scenes during the last years - using a large scaling factor
for the normal (e. g. 1000) yields weird results with high turbulence
values, while using small scaling factors like 0.001 gives something
remotely resembling my notion of blurred reflection, albeit still quite
grainy.

Should I try an even smaller scaling factor (0.0001 or so) and/or using
stronger anti-aliasing?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '2011-11-27 die, takes 12 to 61 - blurred reflection test.png' (2702 KB)

Preview of image '2011-11-27 die, takes 12 to 61 - blurred reflection test.png'
2011-11-27 die, takes 12 to 61 - blurred reflection test.png