POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I give up rendering... : Re: I give up rendering... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I give up rendering...
From: clipka
Date: 25 Nov 2011 01:47:32
Message: <4ecf3a04$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.11.2011 05:18, schrieb jhu:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_IKqjb9TRY&feature=colike
>
> This is the Titanic recreated in Cryengine 3. Holy crap! And it's better than
> what I can do in Povray...

Pretty impressive, yes, but did you notice how the mirrors (and the
reflections on the polished wood, for that matter) are all fake? (They
apparently actively try to avoid looking at them in the animation until
close to the end.)

Also note that this is, as far as understand, the collective work of
multiple persons.