POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kerosene Lamp : Re: Kerosene Lamp Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kerosene Lamp
From: Alain
Date: 24 Nov 2011 23:15:36
Message: <4ecf1668@news.povray.org>

> Hi,
> While working on an indoor/outdoor scene I realised I needed interior lights to
> balance the scene and reduce artifacts in radiosity.
>
> Since kerosene lamps seemed most appropriate, I googled images and modeled this
> from one of the results. (I was going to post the modeling reference image as
> well, how do you post more than one image?)
>
> I've posted it here because I thought that there were probably others that
> needed similar things, with this in mind, I was thinking of posting it to the
> Object Collection as a macro, if it is deemed acceptable. :-)
>
> Please comment and tell me what you think.
> D103

Nice.
As a macro, you can pass the materials as parameters.
As an object, you set a few materials before placint it in your scene.

You may play with some normal patterns, like radial, to simulate the
ribbed shape of the top or the oil container. Most of the time, it
should be more than enough, and will save on the rendering time.
Here, normal radial frequency 20 scallop_wave should do a descent job.

As for posting multiple images, it can't be done when using the web
interface. It can only accept a single attachment at a time. If you add
a second image, it will replace the previous one.
You can use an image manipulation application to stitch 2 images into a
single image and post the resulting compound image.

If you use an e-mail client, or a dedicated news reader, then you can
attach multiple files/images.

Alain