POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Friday Abstract : Re: A Friday Abstract Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Friday Abstract
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 23 Nov 2011 04:17:17
Message: <4eccba1d@news.povray.org>
On 22/11/11 21:11, Ive wrote:
> Anyway this SDL function *is* slow (mostly because the recursion I
> think) and it would be much faster by implementing the mandelbulb
> function as iteration within POV-Ray itself. Should be fairly simple.
> In case you are compiling POV-Ray from source and are interested I
> could give it a try and send you a patch?

   Thanks, but for the moment I prefer to just use Mandelbulber, as it is
fairly fast and so I avoid expending too much time on this "fractal
fascination". And to be frank, the mandelbulb is not my preferred one:
actually I'm addicted to the Tglad's mandelbox, as it gives the most
surprising and diverse results.

--
Jaime