POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yellow "doodle" : Yellow "doodle" Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Yellow "doodle"
From: clipka
Date: 22 Nov 2011 19:37:17
Message: <4ecc403d@news.povray.org>
Variations on highlights & blurred reflection, with specular highlight
parameters chosen to properly match the reflection.

Top to bottom: Reflection brightness increasing from 0.0 (top) via
0.025, 0.05 to 0.1 (bottom). Corresponding specular brightness parameter
depends on surface roughness.

Left to right: Varying roughness starting at 0.1 (leftmost in each row)
and decreasing by a factor of 10 from each ball to the next on the right
(end roughness differs per row).

I'd say, top one is some foamy material; right below it on the left
might be some dull plastic, on the right some less dull one (playpen
balls come to my mind).

The material on the very bottom left looks pretty intriguing to me;
might make a good starting point for a brown egshell, or even skin.
Properties are a diffuse brightness of 0.7, specular set to 0.275 at a
roughness of 0.1, and a blurred reflection of brightness 0.1 and
roughness 0.1 (MC-Pov would call that 10).

Bottom right might be some yellow car paint.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'stochastic_reflection.png' (470 KB)

Preview of image 'stochastic_reflection.png'
stochastic_reflection.png