POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Friday Abstract : Re: A Friday Abstract Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Friday Abstract
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 22 Nov 2011 03:59:36
Message: <4ecb6478$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/11/11 01:50, stbenge wrote:
>> Have you seen this animation?
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlUMRMpLzRo
>
> Sorry, I can't view those things. More precisely, I can't stand to
> wait the for the darned things to download. We still have yet to
> experience a cost-effective, post 2000's internet technology to hit
> this area :(

   I guess "that area" is benefiting from such isolation in several ways,
tough... ;)

   The animation shows a 3D fractal created with Mandelbulber, which
looks truly impressive... I've just downloaded it, and I can't stop
playing with it. It's a shame that I cannot export these things to
POV-Ray for a better texturing work... because I lack the skills to
create them from the scratch, as you did.

--
Jaime