POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The police in the United States : Re: The police in the United States Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The police in the United States
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Nov 2011 12:00:12
Message: <4ec9321c$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/20/2011 1:20, andrel wrote:
> Is privatization also a piece of the puzzle?

Of the jails and soldiers? Most likely, yes. Of the police? I don't think
so. I've never heard of any significant amount of force-using police being
privatized. Sure, there are "civilian contractors" for stuff like doing lab
analysis of evidence, but I don't think there's people who carry guns or
wear uniforms that are not on the payroll of the government.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)