POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it! : Re: Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:13:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it!
From: clipka
Date: 19 Nov 2011 20:28:57
Message: <4ec857d9@news.povray.org>

> But my learning curve is very, very flat... when I compare myself to
> those whizkids who know PoV-Ray barely for a year and come up with
> sophisticated scenes, then I really would like to kill not myself (I'm
> even too phlegmatic for suicide!), but to delete all PoV-Ray
> applications and project data and from now on content myself with
> watching TV and drinking cheap canned beer like all the other underclass
> losers do...

Oh, come on - I know we're heading towards winter time, and people all
over the northern hemisphere are going into hibernation mode (aka
depression), but please... we just managed to convince Orchid aka
Invisible that /he/'s not "completely dysfunctional", so don't /you/
start now... >_<

Just look at me, for instance. I guess you'd file me under "whizkid",
with all those code contributions to POV-Ray 3.7, having made radiosity
easier to use and all that jazz. Guess what - that's just one facet of
my life you see. The rest of it is probably neither more nor less
brilliant than anybody else's (including yours). Struggling with
depressions myself, BTW - been there, done that. (Well, not publicly
declaring how dysfunctional I am, but anyway...) So I guess I can say
with some authority of experience: "If you think you suck, I think
you're sick." (pun intended)

'Nuff said for now. If you're interested in some further advice along
these lines, feel free to contact me via electionic mail to Christoph at
Lipka-Koeln in Germany (de).