POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it! : Re: Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it!
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 19 Nov 2011 16:28:22
Message: <4ec81f76@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

Am 19.11.2011 00:28, schrieb Robert McGregor:

> Shadows actually /are/ bluish on a sunny day with clear blue sky, and your sky
> is very blue; I think the radiosity is taking that into account, just as in the
> real world.
>
> Try changing your sky color to red and see if you get red shadows...

Of course I know of this... but I would like to create a scene matching
my *subjective* recalls of bright summer days - even in the
Mediterranean, I can't remember shadows being THAT blue!

But meanwhile I found out that it's simply because of the missing
#version 3.7 - after I added this at the beginning of my code, the
gray_threshold value was taken into account once more!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar