POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: : Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein:
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Nov 2011 14:52:34
Message: <4ec80902$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 13:42:16 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Personally, I'd prefer job security. But apparently that's just me...
>>
>> It's not just you, no. You can go to a company big enough to probably
>> still be in business in 5 years, tho.
>
> Any company can fail. I guess the difference is that if a big company is
> going to fail, you'll know about it sooner before it happens...

Nope, that's certainly not true.  Look at the likes of Enron, Tyco,
Lehman Brothers - the list goes on and on.

The single largest training business in Australia & New Zealand closed
all their doors overnight.  Nobody had any idea until it happened (other
than the decision makers, that is, obviously they knew).

Jim