POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it! : Re: Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:11:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Nov 2011 07:20:54
Message: <4ec64da6$1@news.povray.org>

> Meanwhile, before I even tried this, I tried to modularize my scene
> script (which started to become difficult to handle, at 1,800 lines of
> code) by placing the radiosity, pigment, finish and texture definition
> in separate files - and instantly messed up the code completely!

Building a scene from modules is a good way to go instead. It is
something I often do myself. Learning from past errors: I always start
from a copy of the original scene :-) I know perfectly well what you are
going through.
However, you can best leave the radiosity statement in the main scene
file along with all general things like the light, the sky, etc, and
include the texture definitions from an external file.

> I obviously am too stupid to learn anything from any mistake...

Don't hate yourself. Shit happens, like they say...

> I'm about to catch the next time machine to some Nazi death camp and get
> myself gassed... I HATE MYSELF FOR BEING SO DYSFUNCTIONAL!!!
>
> Or is there anyone among you who would like to kill me? I'm totally fed
> up with myself!!!

Before you go, or before the next hitman makes an appointment with you,
just take a beer and consider life without POV-Ray ;-)

> UARGH!!!!

Now, that should have relieved you! Yell again!

Thomas