POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: : Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein:
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Nov 2011 07:02:07
Message: <4ec6493f@news.povray.org>
On 18/11/2011 11:21 AM, Invisible wrote:
> On 18/11/2011 10:25 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 18/11/2011 9:21 AM, Invisible wrote:
>>> (Did you know, there are people who actually work FOR THEMSELVES? Crazy,
>>> crazy people...)
>>
>> I've been doing that since 1997 and maybe you are right.
>
> As far as job security goes, working for yourself has to be the least
> secure job logically possible, surely...?

You could say that and on the surface it looks right. But on the other
hand I wouldn’t rate highly the job security of working in a company
that does not make a profit and the workers can sit around reading and
playing games. Especially if it is a division of an American company
which does not seem to have a great interest in its British subsidiary.
(Pause for thought.)

--
Regards
     Stephen