POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it! : Re: Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:31:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it!
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 18 Nov 2011 04:28:09
Message: <4ec62529@news.povray.org>
High!

On 18.11.2011 09:05, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> Obviously, my code was not complete. My complete sky code is:
>
> sphere { <0, 0, 0>, 1
> pigment {
> gradient y
> color_map {
> [0.0 rgb <0.6,0.7,1.0>]
> [0.7 rgb <0.0,0.1,0.8>]
> }
> }
> finish {emission 1 diffuse 0}
> scale 5*10e4
> inverse
> }

Meanwhile, before I even tried this, I tried to modularize my scene
script (which started to become difficult to handle, at 1,800 lines of
code) by placing the radiosity, pigment, finish and texture definition
in separate files - and instantly messed up the code completely!

Your sophisticated radiosity is gone (though I did not change
anything!), instead I once more got some dull, contrastless rendering!

I obviously am too stupid to learn anything from any mistake...

I'm about to catch the next time machine to some Nazi death camp and get
myself gassed... I HATE MYSELF FOR BEING SO DYSFUNCTIONAL!!!

Or is there anyone among you who would like to kill me? I'm totally fed
up with myself!!!

UARGH!!!!