POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: : Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein:
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Nov 2011 22:34:09
Message: <4ec5d231$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/16/2011 13:56, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> to buy 10 more PCs, does that go to the admin office cost center? Or does it

That's why accounting at a big company like AT&T or something is hugely
complex. Don't forget that depreciation comes in there too, which tells you
who gets billed for it if you change which profit center it is helping half
way through the life of the cost, amongst other things.

> As I understand it, a "technical startup" is a polite way of saying "you
> will be paid peanuts and in three months' time you will be unemployed again
> because the company has been liquidated".

Only if you're naive enough to work for one like that. Some are indeed like
that, and they suck in many who have never worked for one like that who
believe the promises. On the other hand, if the start-up you're going to
isn't inventing something that *you* think will be wildly successful (e.g.,
"We invented mind reading computers"), then you should be getting paid even
more salary than you would be working a normal 9-5 job, *plus* some options.
I.e., treat options as a nice bonus, not as part of your salary.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)