POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hollow Earth : Re: Hollow Earth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:33:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hollow Earth
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Nov 2011 14:50:41
Message: <4ec56591$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/11/2011 3:40 PM, Paul Fuller wrote:

> I enjoyed both "Matter" and "Surface Detail".

I've liked all of Iain M Bank's books even the ones without the M.

>> Which reminds me of James Blish's "The Seedling Stars" series.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Blish#The_Seedling_Stars_.28Pantropy.29
>>

> Haven't read that series. The only Blish I've read is "Cities in Fight".
> The idea was good but the writing seemed a bit heavy for my taste.

I read them a long time ago and I fear that I would not enjoy reading
them now.

> Yes. Some old favourites you just can't risk reading again. Others stand
> up well.

Too true. It shows that it was the new ideas that captivated not the
literary style.

 > I spoke too soon.
 >
 > Here are the details found at http://www.larryniven.net/mega.shtml:
 >
 > Author:  Colin Kapp
 > Title:   Cageworld 1:  Search for the Sun
 >           Cageworld 2:  The Lost Worlds of Cronus
 >           Cageworld 3:  The Tyrant of Hades
 >           Cageworld 4:  Star-Search

Well done. I really liked Colin Kapp's Unorthodox Engineers when I was
young. And I see that I have a few of his books in pdf or txt format
that I have not gotten around to reading, yet.

--
Regards
     Stephen