POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it! : Re: Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:30:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Nov 2011 03:11:57
Message: <4ec4c1cd@news.povray.org>
Everything has already been said above I guess, still allow me a few
thoughts:

- Hildur's radiosity settings are intended for version 3.6 and megapov,
NOT 3.7 RC3.

- For the latest image of a similar scene to yours (see the attachment)
and which I believe is satisfyingly illuminated inside and outside, I
use the following settings:

Radiosity:
   radiosity {
     pretrace_start 0.08
     pretrace_end   0.004
     count 100
     nearest_count 10, 5
     error_bound 1
     recursion_limit 2
     low_error_factor .3
     gray_threshold 0.0
     minimum_reuse 0.015
     maximum_reuse 0.1
     brightness 1
     adc_bailout 0.01/2
     normal off
     media off
     always_sample off
   }

As sunlight (only lightsource) I use the LightSysIV system:
   #include "CIE.inc"
   #declare SunColor     = Blackbody(6500)*2;

My skysphere is a simple sphere with the following finish:
   finish {emission 1 diffuse 0}

Typically, the finish of the textures shown here are as follows:
material {
   texture {
     uv_mapping
     pigment{srgb <0.9,0.9,0.9> transmit  0/100}
     finish {
       specular 0.1
       roughness 0.00286312
       ambient rgb <0.00,0.00,0.00>
       diffuse 0.8
       brilliance 1
       reflection{0.0}
       conserve_energy
     }
   }
}

I hope this helps. Particularly, check out the gamma settings like
Clipka told you in his message! This is essential with version 3.7.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'at the jackal.png' (624 KB)