POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Automation : Re: Automation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Automation
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Nov 2011 09:11:12
Message: <4ec3c480$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/11/2011 01:55 PM, nemesis wrote:

> Besides builtin http clients being pretty much a given in any modern programming
> environment (including C++ boost if I'm not wrong),

It appears you're wrong. Boost doesn't seem to include any HTTP
functionality that I can see.

> there's also command-line tools such as wget.

Amusingly, Haskell actually has a libcurl binding. Guess what? Doesn't
work on Windows. :-P

I hadn't thought about trying wget though - that probably wouldn't be
too hard. (The tricky part is running an external OS process and then
trying to figure out whether the **** it actually worked OK or not.)
Given that all I want to do is generate 30 URLs and have each one
downloaded to a file, that probably wouldn't be too hard.

> No need to write a half-baked unoptmized attempt these days. :)

Downloading 30 files, of 2KB each, is not exactly something that
requires "optimising".

The text processing that happens after that? I could have made it a lot
faster. But since I only need to run it once, I didn't bother.