POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lost : Re: Lost Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lost
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Nov 2011 22:50:51
Message: <4ec3331b$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/15/2011 8:56, Invisible wrote:
> It's actually made up of a bazillion samples, with lots of scripting to
 tell

That's pretty cool.

> With the stage now set, it seems an awfully long time since any "new
> products" came out.

I found Melodyne to be an amazing-seeming program. Not that I've played w
ith
them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCjv4_jqAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oQn66gvwKA

> Just to be fair, I sat down and listened to some of the audio demos for
 the
> compressors. I was very, very hard-pressed to actually tell the differe
nce
> between the compressed and uncompressed sounds.

Maybe I'm confused, but isn't that the goal of an audio compressor?

Sadly, that is the way of the software these days.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)