POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: : Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein:
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Nov 2011 22:25:33
Message: <4ec32d2d$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/14/2011 11:00, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Daft thing is, I imagine time and again it plays out like this:

Nah. It's more like the salesman tries to sell something to the customer.
The customer doesn't want it, but either the salesman can't convince the
customer or won't leave the customer alone. So the customer says "I'll buy
it if you have this [9-month-feature] ready next month." And of course the
salesman promises it.

Salesman comes back and asks for it. Even *if* you pull off the amazing
impossible, the salesman goes back to the customer, who *still* doesn't want
the product, and the dev team is of course "spinning their wheels working on
useless features."

I can't tell you the number of times I worked on urgent rush features that
never ever got used.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)