POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: : Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein:
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Nov 2011 22:11:11
Message: <4ec329cf@news.povray.org>
On 11/14/2011 9:35, Warp wrote:
> I'm glad I didn't.

Heh. I've had a few of those. After a while, I figured out how to avoid them
during the job interview.  For example, if the interviewer asks "What's a
deadline", and expects the answer "it's when we promised to deliver it to
the customer", then you're fucked if you take the job.

I still remember a conversation I had back in the MS-DOS days.

"How long do you think it'll take?"
   "I don't know. I never did anything like this before."
"Give an estimate."
   "On the order of months."
"What does that mean?"
   "More than week, less than a year."
"Can you be more specific?"
   "Do you want me to lie?"
"How about February 17th?"
   "If you already promised it, why are you asking me?
    Why February 17th?"
"It's the customer's birthday."

Feh.  Nowadays, if they ask you how long a multi-week/multi-month project
will take and they won't accept "I'll get back to you in 2 days with the
answer", you're fucked.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)