POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: : Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein:
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Nov 2011 22:04:26
Message: <4ec3283a@news.povray.org>
On 11/14/2011 12:12, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Perhaps it's just because people don't argue about it quite so much?

I can't imagine knowing the one term and not the other. That's weird.

> (I also had to go look up WTF an MBA actually is, since I've never heard of
> one...)

Probably more of an americanism? I still haven't figured out how your
universities or undergraduate classes are named. :-)

> That sounds pretty much like *exactly* how almost every company views
> programmers.

Well, that's what he's saying. You have to go to either a technical start
up, or to someplace like Microsoft or Google or Facebook or something like
that where what they're selling is what you're producing.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)