POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: : Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein: Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I would agree with most or all the employment advice herein:
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 14 Nov 2011 15:12:43
Message: <4ec1763b$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/11/2011 10:50 AM, Invisible wrote:

> Interesting.

I also find it interesting how I had to get out a dictionary no less
than *seven times* while reading this article. All those people who keep
telling me I have a really wide vocabulary? They don't know jack.

Again, also interesting is the term "profit center". Obviously everyone
has heard of a "cost center" (it's what you assign stuff to when you
need to buy stuff), but I have never, ever heard anybody say the words
"profit center". Perhaps it's just because people don't argue about it
quite so much?

(I also had to go look up WTF an MBA actually is, since I've never heard
of one...)

“Let’s replace really expensive Cost Centers who do some magic which we
kinda need but don’t really care about with less expensive Cost Centers
in a lower wage country.”

That sounds pretty much like *exactly* how almost every company views
programmers. These are useless people that cost huge amounts of money
but don't generate any value. Surely there is some way we can get rid of
them? *sigh*

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/